Paul Oostelbos speaker at International congres
During these 4 days several top-presenters will speak about topics like urban mining, urban farming, circular economy, and innovative waste to energy solutions. The program consists of presentations, workshops, exhibitions, a farm tour and a re-use building project, which is auctioned on Friday. All of the topics will showcase best practises from Canada and the Netherlands.
During the event, a group of students will work with a team of professionals from Connex Innovations, Basic Design Vancouver and MakerLabs Vancouver and upcycle 'urban waste' into new products. These products will be featured and auctioned on Friday evening during the farewell party. All proceeds will be donated to a local charity. This process will be filmed and shared on social media throughout the week.
Some of the speakers are:
- Dr. Martin Kerner, Managing Director SSC Germany, algae-based bioreactor façade
- Jan Douwe Kroeske, Dutch presenter, initiator multimedia sustainability platform SummerLabb
- Gerben van Straaten, CEO World of Walas, sustainable community development and circular economy
- Irina Molohovsky, Founder of Frameworq, circular economy and textile re-use programs
- Paul Oostelbos, International Business Development of Orgaworld, Organic Fuel Facility Surrey
Our topics include:
- Circular economy in the textile industry – From jeans rental in the Netherlands to textile re-use workshops in Canada
- Frameworq Fashion showcase of local designs based on re-used textile
- Social innovation and inclusion
- Urban farming: lessons from The Netherlands and Canada
- The benefits of using algae in urban farming
- First Nation knowledge of healthy and sustainable food systems